Last Wednesday on my Piedmont Island Trilogy blog I asked the question WHY BLOG? In hindsight it was timely becauseThursday through Sunday, I attended the She Writes Blogger Ball.
I had a blast, met some very talented, funny and warm women writers, and I got some great advice on how to be a better blogger.
Here are just a few of their tips:
(1) Valerie Nieman: “I'm new to blogging, so I guess my tip is the Nike slogan, "Just Do It!"
(2) Fiona J. Phillips: “keep a plan of future blog posts so you can look ahead to what you're going to be writing and collect necessary links, articles, images etc that you might need.”
(3) Karen Kanter: “The one "tip" I would offer is to have a blogging and posting time scheduled into your week.”
(4) Victoria Noe: “The best thing I ever did was have Networked Blogs link this to my Facebook and Twitter accounts. It's generated a lot of traffic here, and saves time.”
(5) Janel Gradowski: “Be Yourself. Let your voice and personality shine through in your posts.”
Great advice, ladies! I’d like to add one more to the list.
(6) Blog regularly and frequently. Nothing turns off this reader (sorry, but it’s true) more than a posting that is months and sometimes a year or more old.
Do you have a tip? Please share it below in a comment. (Come on. Don't be shy. Just DO it!)
Kudos once again to Meg Waite Clayton for creating and organizing this amazing event. To make the rounds yourself click here for a full list of participating bloggers.